Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Redecoration, Part 3

Despite a suggestion from the drywall and molding contractor that the painters may prefer to do the ceilings and moldings before I paint the walls, I started to prepare the walls for painting this week. The painters will not be able to start until some decorateive overlays for our cabinets arrive. We hate to see so much time pass without some signs of progress.

So I spent Tuesday and today removing a decorative border from the living room and spackling the nail holes and other dings in the walls. Tomorrow I plan to sand the spackled areas and paint the living room and dining room walls. If all goes well I will paint the entry and hall walls on Friday. I also need to put some primer on the new door for the dining room.

It sure seems like a lot of work. I'm glad I did not try to do it all myself. With a little luck, we should be able to start moving the new furniture in the week after next. The biggest jobs after that are draperies and accessories. Bonnie and I are anxious to see the results.

No comments: